2017 September 20
To the membership of the Dawson Creek and District Chamber of Commerce
The Board of Directors reviewed our strategic plan for the remainder of 2017 and
identified the following initiatives as priorities.
- continue advocating and monitoring the proposed tax changes
- review work camp policies and advocate for support of City bylaws that prohibit
work camps within the City of Dawson Creek and review PRRD bylaws regarding
small camps (less than 30 men).
- continue with the workshops for not for profits regarding the Societies Act.
Sessions planned through the region this fall.
- continue with planning on the Dollars and Sense of Natural Gas event planned
for March 2018
- planning/hiring of part time staff
The Board believes these initiatives individually focus on separate sectors, but
represent many of our members and areas of concern that can affect businesses within
We welcome any thoughts or areas of concern as we begin to review 2018 priorities.
The Board offers our most sincere appreciation to our members who have supported
the Chamber in a successful year of advocacy, representation, learning opportunities
and networking. We believe that our organization continues to gain strength and are
proud to represent our members in a variety of arenas.
Dawson Creek & District Chamber of Commerce